What is the AI Safety Camp?
Would you like to work on AI safety or strategy research and are looking for a concrete way to get started? We are organizing this camp for aspiring AI safety and strategy researchers. At the camp, you:
- build connections with others in the field
- build your research portfolio
- receive feedback on your research ideas and help others with theirs
- make concrete progress on open AI safety research questions
Read more about the previous camps here.
What’s the structure of the camp?
The camp is preceded by 7 weeks of preparation in form of an online study group of 3-4 people, followed by a 9-day intensive camp with the aim of creating and publishing a research paper, extensive blog post, or github repository.
What will we work on?
Participants will work in groups on tightly-defined research projects, for example in the following areas:
- Strategy and Policy
- Agent Foundations (decision theory, subsystem alignment, embedded world models, MIRI-style)
- Value learning (IRL, approval-directed agents, wireheading, …)
- Corrigibility / Interruptibility
- Side Effects, Safe Exploration
- Scalable & Informed Oversight
- Robustness (distributional shift, adversarial examples)
- Human Values (including philosophical and psychological approaches)
(See research summaries from previous camp here)
When and where?
The third AI Safety Camp will take place between 26th April – 5th May, 2019. Near Madrid, Spain.
Attendance is free!
Ready to apply?
Applications are open till
13. 1. 2019 (12pm CET)
application deadline has been postponed till 21. January 2019!